Wednesday, July 11, 2012

All Natural Baking Soda Deodorant [Zack]

Some of us go to big lengths in order to buy organic food that hasn't been touched by chemicals or pesticides.  I try to buy organic as often as possible, but I'm not a nut about it.  One morning while I was in the shower, I had an epiphany.  Think about how many times you either ingest or touch chemicals before you leave to go to work.  They are in the shampoo, the soap, on your drinking glass from the dish washer, in your toothpaste, in the counter cleaner, etc etc.

I got inspired to look up some natural recipes for deodorant since I knew that anti-perspirant deodorants have some really strong chemicals and carcinogens in them.  This one couldn't be more simple and it really works.  I need to apply it one time every two days (even if I go on long bike rides).  If you want to smell masculine or feminine, you can spritz some cologne on your clothing.

If you still aren't convinced - think back to your mom putting baking soda in your fridge to eat up the odors.  Why not let it eat up the odor under your arms?

Process:
Mix together in a bowl:

1 part baking soda
2 parts corn starch (because baking soda alone is sometimes too harsh - also helps keep you dry)


Apply about 1/2 tsp under each arm and feel fresh!!

Song:  Outkast - So Fresh and So Clean
So Fresh And So Clean by OutKast on Grooveshark

1 comment: